- Nonprofit consultant with expertise in program design, strategic planning, fundraising, evaluation, and project management
- In-depth knowledge of a range of nonprofit sectors, including human services, criminal justice, organic agriculture and sustainable food systems
SKILLS & ACCOMPLISHMENTS
Strategic Development & Nonprofit Leadership
- Raised more than $11 million in funding to support nonprofits, including $3.4 million in new funding from the USDA
- Provided leadership, vision and high-level strategic direction for nonprofit organizations
- Matched organizations with strategic partners and facilitated collaborations
- Led nonprofit boards and staff through step-by-step merger process
- Supported boards of directors with fiscal oversight and administrative management
- Provided professional writing and editing services for fundraising and marketing purposes
- Aligned strategic priorities in service delivery with best practices and funding trends
- Planned and hosted special events to cultivate community support
- Increased visibility of organizations using diverse media outlets
- Recruited, trained and supervised staff and volunteers in multiple disciplines
Program Design & Evaluation
- Designed innovative programs that achieved organizational goals and met community needs
- Managed and reported on complex federal grants with strong attention to detail
- Conducted research into a variety of subjects to inform planning and program design
- Created and implemented evaluation plans to assess program impact and guide organizational changes
- Led diverse groups of stakeholders through strategic planning processes
- Wrote work plans and logic models for programs
- Built strong coalitions across sectors to leverage limited funds and achieve shared goals
- Developed program budgets, monitored spending and completed fiscal reporting
• Strategic Development + Program Design Consultant – Self-employed (August 2011 – Present). Helping community organizations secure sustainable funding for their work, and design and evaluate new programs.
• Interim Program Developer – Wilder Foundation (July – October 2014). Provided interim support in grant writing and program development to the Wilder Center for Communities.
• Interim Executive Director – Minnesota Food Association (November 2013 – May 2014). Managed financial and human resources during a leadership transition.
• Program Director – Organic Field School at Gardens of Eagan, (March 2012 – April 2014). Led all fundraising, program development, and educational efforts.
• Peer Reviewer – U.S.D.A Farmers Market Promotion Program (July 2014): Reviewed and rated grant proposals from across the country, working collaboratively with a national team.
• Co-Director – crow with no mouth promotions (April 2011 – Present). Providing fundraising, marketing, and event planning assistance to this community-based arts organization.
• Development Officer, Institutional Giving – Children’s Home Society (2008 – 2011)
• Director of Development – Minnesota Dance Theatre & the Dance Institute (2007 – 2008)
• Development Officer, Corporate & Foundation Donors – Tubman (2006 – 2007)
• Volunteer Coordinator/Grant Writer – Council on Crime and Justice (2002 – 2006)
• University of St. Thomas – Certificate in Fund Development (2008)
• University of Minnesota – B.A. Women’s Studies & Sociology (2002)