I am an independent consultant with more than 15 years experience in the nonprofit sector. I specialize in building more sustainable local food systems through a variety of approaches, particularly through designing innovative programs, establishing new partnerships, and securing funding for communities to continue this work. As a leading national expert on USDA grant programs, I have completed 30 original proposals and many more reports to a dozen different USDA programs, resulting in more than $2 million in new funding to date. I have served as a program designer, grant writer, project manager, evaluator, and national educator on USDA grants. Additionally, I have secured $8 million in funding for organizations from a variety of non-federal sources, including foundations, events, and individual donor campaigns.
I have assisted nonprofits with strategic growth and capacity-building, including facilitating a successful merger and supporting nonprofit boards in interim leadership roles. My depth and diversity of experience ensure that I fully understand the challenges facing your organization. I am prepared to help you achieve your goals!
- Start-to-finish guidance with identifying and applying for USDA grants
- Project management and evaluation of funded USDA grants and other projects
- Partnership matching and facilitation for collaborative projects and mergers
- Strategic planning and development for nonprofits and food businesses
- Design of innovative new programs to meet community needs
- Grant writing and creation of fundraising and marketing materials
- Customized workshops and webinars on USDA funding and other capacity-building topics