UPDATE MAY 2021: After crafting 58 original proposals to USDA programs, I am no longer writing full USDA grants. I am still available to provide coaching, advising, and strategic input/feedback to groups preparing their own applications to USDA grant programs. This can include consults about whether the grant you are considering is a good fit for you, what the best ideas might be for your proposed plan, review of your materials, and responses to questions about requirements and the application process.
I charge $200/hour for this service. If this is something that would be useful to you, please contact me at email@example.com, and I will send some options for scheduling our first consult.
I have experience with the following USDA programs:
- Beginning Farmer and Rancher Development Program (BFRDP): In addition to writing several successful proposals to this program and evaluating funded projects, I served as a national technical advisor to BFRDP applicants with New Entry Sustainable Farming Project and NIFA. Please see this page for resources on the BFRDP program, including the Online Self-Assessment Tool I designed for potential applicants.
- Community Food Projects (CFP)
- Local Food Promotion Program (LFPP)
- Farmers Market Promotion Program (FMPP)
- Gus Schumacher Nutrition Incentive Program (GusNIP)
- AFRI Foundational Research Program
- Farm to School program
- NRCS Conservation Innovation Grants (CIG)
- Specialty Crop Block Grants
- 2501 Program/Outreach & Education for Socially Disadvantaged and Veteran Farmers
- Risk Management Education Partnerships (RMEP)
- Extension Risk Management Education Program (ERME)
- Farm Service Agency (FSA) Outreach & Education
- North Central SARE